Laser Cutter FAQ
1. How thick of material can the laser cutter cut?
- It depends on the material and its hardness and density. Every material is different, but a good general guideline is 7mm max. This applies to MDF, acrylic, and some types of softer plywood.
2. Can the laser cutter cut metal?
Sadly, no. It can't cut metal but it can engrave metal like aluminum and steel.
3. Do I have to learn to use CAD software or some other special software to use the laser cutter?
- No, data for the laser cutter can be made in Adobe Illustrator or any other vector creation program. The laser cutter is controlled by a simple piece of software that you can quickly learn to use in about 5 minutes.